Papa & Barkley is seeking a Sales Manager with the experience and enthusiasm to proactively build, organize, train, lead and motivate our Sales Team to meet and exceed revenue goals and projections across an expanding portfolio of products.
This position will engage actively with dispensaries, distributors, end-users and our five-member team of outside sales representatives to expand our market presence, generate brand awareness and drive growth. This will involve cultivating a deep understanding of our target markets and constituencies, effectively managing and growing those relationships, and coaching the Sales Team to success.
The successful candidate will be drawn to the fluidity and pace of a start-up venture, will be comfortable with navigating the complexity of a highly-regulated industry, and have a driving passion for cannabis and its advocacy. The ideal candidate will also have experience working in a fragmented and decentralized market that requires managing a multiplicity of customers with diverse and rapidly-evolving needs.
The Sales Manager will be based in Los Angeles and report to the Chief Operating Officer. The position requires a 20% travel commitment to visit dispensaries and attend sales calls throughout the Greater Los Angeles area and key parts of Southern California and the North Coast. Compensation includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus commission.
- Set priorities, establish incremental goals, and implement a cadence of accountability for the Sales Team to achieve revenue targets
- Train and motivate the Sales Team on lead generation techniques, scripts, presentations and tactics that improve customer acquisition and retention
- Define and manage a sales territory strategy that is balanced and allocates resources efficiently
- Track and analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements and customer preferences
- Effectively manage and expand relationships and logistics with dispensaries and distribution partners
- Provide accurate and consistent reporting to the Executive Team and guidance on sales goals and strategies
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Team on incentive programs, collateral, educational outreach, and brand awareness campaigns
- 7+ years of combined experience in consumer product sales and sales management
- Track record of success in B2C and/or B2B product sales and territory management
- BA/BS Degree required
- Knowledge of Sales Force or ability to learn CRM Software
- Data-driven and comfortable with spreadsheets, metrics and sales reporting/forecasting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience in the cannabis industry a major plus
About Papa & Barkley of California
Papa & Barkley of California is an award-winning producer of high-quality pain relief and wellness products, most recently recognized in the Best Topicals category at the 2017 High Times SoCal Cannabis Cup. The company also produces and sells cannabis flowers, extracts and oils under its P&B Labs line. Papa & Barkley is the flagship brand of a larger, vertically-integrated platform that invests in and operates branded consumer product companies in the cannabis-infused wellness and lifestyle space.
Papa & Barkley’s dynamic and driven leadership team has deep operational and technical market expertise in cannabis production, extraction methodologies and product development. Our culture reflects the emphasis we place on operating as a team. We have a strong vision with a focus on the science, and a shared belief in the power of the plant across multiple extraction modalities and delivery systems. As a fully-licensed cannabis company with a set strategic plan for MRSA and AUMA compliance, we are scaling our model and becoming a leader in the emerging California Cannabis market.