Cypress Manufacturing in Salinas has multiple full-time positions on the Packaging Team of its Extraction / Concentrates Facility.
Packagers work in a fast-paced environment to break down, weigh and measure concentrates and oil products into packaging such as glass jars or parchment paper, then assemble packaging into final product packaging with labelling and packing into master cases.
This is a repetitive and high-volume packaging job within a clean, professional, warm, friendly working environment.
This position consists of the following:
• Packaging bulk concentrates into their finished goods / consumer packaging to prepare for sale in a high-volume, fast-paced setting.
• Measure, weigh, and count products and materials. Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
• Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
• Assemble completed products by packaging them into master cases. Remove defective products or materials.
• Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
• Each Packager will be responsible for their own daily production goal and quota to complete in a timely and accurate manner.
• Packagers deliver completed products for distribution according to Company specifications and ensure packaged products meet Company standards.
• Verify quality of product is consistent with Company standards and be able to distinguish between good and bad product.
• Clean and organize work area prior to breaks and clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools at end of shift. Sanitize work area on daily basis.
• Notify Supervisor when restock of packaging items and/or tools are needed.
• Other Duties as assigned.