Cooking and eating are two of my favorite things to do. I especially love baking. Anything full of carbs and sugar is my friend. Don’t get me wrong, I believe in a healthy lifestyle but I also strongly believe in balance.
I’ve been wanting to make something that I can grab with me and take to work and share with my co-workers without making a huge mess. I happened to have a few overripe bananas chillin in my kitchen so I decided some banana muffins would be the perfect choice.
I’ve made banana bread before and I also made muffins in my baking class that one year I spent in culinary school. I learned a lot that year and developed new skills along with my love of cooking. For me, cooking and baking are creative expressions of how I’m feeling and what I want to share with the people around me. They don’t let you experiment with Cani-butter in culinary school.
Thankfully, it’s the exact opposite here at THC Jobs. We encourage experimentation and exploring the possibilities of cannabis medication.
For now, I’m going to share with you the delicious non-medicated recipe I used and look out for the medicated recipe in Part 2:
Mini & Moist Banana Muffins
Recipe via BrooklynFarmGirl.com:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 egg
For the crumble
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons brown sugar
For the muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Mix bananas, sugar, butter, and egg until smooth.
- Add in flour mixture, continuing to stir until everything is combined.
- Spoon this into muffin pan evenly.
For the crumble
- Combine flour, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cut in your butter until it’s crumbly.
- Add to the top of your muffins evenly.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the sides of your muffins are slightly golden brown.
- This makes 24 mini muffins or 6 regular size muffins.
- If you are making regular size muffins, bake for 25-27 minutes.