Quantcast
Marijuana Jobs – Medical Marijuana Grower | THCjobs.com

Marijuana Jobs – Medical Marijuana Grower

Posted by | February 19, 2011 | Marijuana Job Profiles

Our next marijuana jobs profile is on how to become a medical marijuana grower. This piece was done by our friends over at TheCannaBlog.com who have some amazing content on growing quality meds. Since they are actually growers themselves, we thought it would be best to let them do this profile!

What are the skills needed to become a grower?

1) Good work ethic and organization skills
2) Strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
3) Experience working on contracts
4) Knowledge on growing techniques and plant care

I work at the MMJ Center a few days out of the week to help educate people about growing medical marijuana. I get quite a few people asking “how do I get a job as a grower?‚ÄĚThis is a fairly easy question to answer. I would say that as a medical marijuana patient who wants to start growing for your center, you need to grow a few of your own crops. By doing this it will help you build a portfolio of grows before looking for work as a grower. This way you can show your potential and increase your knowledge base. Being a grower is a lot of hard work!

The best way to get into the industry however would be to start as a trimmer or budtender. Once you have some experience see if you can apprentice under the current grower. It is a lot easier to learn from somebody who already has the knowledge than trying to piece it all together yourself. There is a lot information on the internet and books on growing, but they do not even come close to shadowing an experienced grower. This will cut down the learning curve and ensure you are doing everything right.

I can say here in Colorado you will have a harder time becoming a grower if you are just starting out. This is because of the new regulation that forces medical marijuana centers to grow 70% of their own product and only allowing them to get the other30% from other medical marijuana centers. Other states are not as tight with their regulations. As I said before it is better starting off growing your own, but be sure to check out your local laws before doing so.

If you are interested in learning more about growing medical marijuana, please check out TheCannaBlog.com. We have a lot of great high resolution bud pictures, videos, and grow tips!

18 Responses to “Marijuana Jobs – Medical Marijuana Grower”

1. Comment made by Gilbert Tony on Apr 30th 2011 at 1:15 pm:

iam grower use to grow for green healing ..i growe og kush with high thc level and i can prove it thx

2. Comment made by Cody Campbell on Apr 20th 2012 at 9:55 pm:

Hello, my name is Cody Campbell. I am an experienced grower for the past five years myself. I use basic techniques and the most proper ways of growing my cannabis naturally outdoors and would love to further my skills in a job at growing for you myself, personally its my passion. I have been super successful in harvesting the right amount and properly harvesting the plant that is.Im local native to the Ohio Valley and im furthering my skills in looking for employment at being a full time grower. I am currently looking for employment in this area asap. Glad i came upon your ad I’m available anytime and would love to grow with and/or for you! I really need a job in this area should a call you? you can contact me anytime at 513-582-7092. The area is Cincinnati and the first of summer, June 21st, I will be moving near Pueblo Colorado. Cant wait to hear back from you.

3. Comment made by Bryce Softley on Aug 7th 2012 at 6:00 am:

hello my name is Bryce softley i am 20 years old.I live in Perth Western Australia and currently seeking employment over seas as jobs where i live are scears and dont interest me. I have been growing marijuana since the age of 14 even though marijuana is highly illigle and punishble on the spot plus court jugment. i have luckily have never been caught. I am hoping to leave australia in serch of honing my skills in growing marijuana as soon as possible. please contact me on +61435727477 this would be a dream job for me. yours cincerly Bryce softley

4. Comment made by chad on Aug 7th 2012 at 8:40 pm:

Hi my name is chad johnson and I have grown marijuana for about 7 years now. I have experience in any growing medium and all methods and techniques. I am looking for a job in this field.

5. Comment made by pedro on Aug 8th 2012 at 6:13 pm:

hello i am pedro im from portugal and i have 5 years experience grow! its my dream to work legaly on your grean house ,i am looking for long term working and i know to make evry thing (triming) (growing) (electric set up)..i only dont have any licence to grow …ef you can help me wet that licence its a plezer to work wet you !ef you have intress please reply me thanks

6. Comment made by Steve on Aug 26th 2012 at 12:08 pm:

Hey I have a talent for growing. It’s what I should do in my life. I just need the opportunity to be able to do so legally for those who need it. If you would like pics of a few of my grows just ask and please let me know of anything availible. I am also a certified national ski patroller My 2 passions. Growing and skiing. CO has them both! Please help me make my lIfe what it should be!!!!

Thanks.
    Steve

7. Comment made by Steve on Aug 26th 2012 at 12:10 pm:

I used coco as a medium and smart pots to prevent root circulation

I have many many tricks!!:)

8. Comment made by Chace odinsson on Sep 8th 2012 at 10:51 am:

Hey my names chace odinsson I’m 18 years old and just graduated high school, I’m a complete noob at growing but it has been a dream job for me since I first heard about the legalization of medical marijuana. I live in Rhode Island but I’m originally from Arizona. Out here the industry is just starting rather than back west, and I want to gain knowledge and skills in anyway possible,(gruntwork, apprenticeship, trimmer, budtender etc.) just to be “in the scene” and be able to learn from people who are knowledgeable in this trade to expand my knowledge base and hopefully be able to start my own dispensary or work for one in the future. If anyone can help me feel free to call or text or email me: 401 585 1126 or codinsson@gmail.com & thank you so much for your time.

9. Comment made by Devin Shaw on Oct 2nd 2012 at 12:50 pm:

Hello, I live in Alabama and have been growing for 4 or 5 years and not only enjoy the euphoria and spiritual benefits, but want to share with those who have a medical prescription. I am interested in the legal cannibis market as the illicit one i have always been. If you have a job, I will commit.

10. Comment made by kyle decatur on Oct 13th 2012 at 11:35 am:

Hello i have been interested in the medical.use of marijuana and my dream is to be a certified grower.for a dispensary i live in Va and there isn’t much i can do around here

11. Comment made by Charles on Oct 24th 2012 at 11:16 pm:

Hello to everyone on this blog site my name is Charles and I have been looking to work under or partner with anyone that is willing to have me on there team I’ve grown a couple plants for myself but never really grew big crops if anyone is interested in having a growing partner I am 100 percent willing to do whatever needs to be done please please contact me at the email provided or my cell phone number 251*215*9417

12. Comment made by Mark on Nov 18th 2012 at 12:39 pm:

Oh fun, this has become like a classified ad for growers! Ok;

My name is Mark, I currently live in Ft Collins Colorado and have hydroponically grown for 5 years. I stopped to join the Army, deployed, got out and am now going to school at FRCC. I am studying, among other things, Horticulture! If you want a hard working, organized apprentice who is just down the street and even has his own equipment- shoot me an email! Thank you for your time!

FYI – I think there’s even a massive bonus (tax free) for those hiring veterans ;) food for thought…

I can furnish proof of my Honorable discharge, college credits, and recommendations.

13. Comment made by kyle on Dec 4th 2012 at 2:53 pm:

hello im kyle ive been growing cannabis for a short time and would still be doing so untill i was shut down by the police but im very interested in moving to some where i can further my skills and hopefully help some one who is suffering. anyway if anyone can could give me some advise i would greatly appreciated thanks and peace and pot :).

14. Comment made by eric keller on Dec 14th 2012 at 12:42 pm:

I have over 15 years of experience cultivating marijuana,using hydroponic and deep water culture methods.I have maintained a monthly production scheadule,producing high quality product.I also have several years of experience in strain genetics. I am looking for an oppurtunity to apply these skill sets on a commerical level.

• Comment made by Manny on Apr 5th 2013 at 11:25 am:

we are looking for a master grower for new dispensary im MA. please let me know if you’re interested

15. Comment made by brain on Feb 12th 2013 at 11:57 am:

hello im in need of a job i’ve been trimming for the last three years . I’ll go anywhere needed.

16. Comment made by Marie on Jun 8th 2013 at 1:36 pm:

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this
    blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.